Skip to content

Backcountry Chiropractic Services

Every day we experience various stressors (chemical, emotional and physical ones) and there are subcategories thereof such as postural distortions or repetitive use injuries. These ultimately will take a toll on your body and that’s what can happen when one of these stressors takes place.

The vertebrae within your spine tend to become stuck or fixated. If you ignore the issue (e.g. whiplash from an auto accident), it’s not going to get better on its own-the pain may diminish but the problem will still be there.

The Importance of Restoring Motion

If you don’t address a stuck joint and restore motion to the vertebral segment, over a long period, the joint is dependent upon movement to secrete a lubricating fluid within the joint. If it’s no longer secreting that fluid then the joint starts to dry out. What follows is a progressive degenerative change in the form of osteoarthritis.

By not addressing those subluxations, your body starts to lay down calcium in the form of bone spurs and the discs start to dry out. Once they dry out those discs become compacted and ultimately place pressure on the spinal nerve roots. Down the road, various significant problems can arise. With chiropractic we can help you avoid those.


The Value of Regular Spinal Checkups

Everybody can benefit from chiropractic, from children to older seniors. As you have 24 movable spinal bones within your body, it’s important to get a spinal checkup periodically to ensure that every one of those joints is operating optimally.

I tell my patients that I’ve been getting adjusted once a week and a half for 30 years and I don’t have an ache or pain in my entire body.

Consider the importance of going to the dentist twice a year. You wouldn’t wait to go to the dentist until your teeth start to rot, right? Likewise, with preventative chiropractic maintenance care, your body can perform at its peak and we won’t be chasing symptoms.

Conditions We See

Here are some of the common conditions for which patients seek our care:

  • Back pain
  • Carpal tunnel syndrome
  • Extremity issues
  • Headaches and migraines

  • Impingement syndromes
  • Rotator cuff injuries
  • Shoulder issues
  • Tennis elbow

Chiropractic Techniques

Dr. Scott mainly uses manual adjusting about 75% off the time and then he utilizes ArthroStim, a handheld instrument, the other 25%. ArthroStim delivers a high-velocity, low-impact thrust to restore motion and function to the joints. It’s ideal for those who prefer a gentle adjustment and don’t want to be “cracked.” Older patients, in particular, are often adjusted with the instrument.

Backcountry Chiropractic also features a Thompson table and a few drop tables.

Functional Rehab

Once we get to a point of corrective care (usually the first adjustment), Dr. Scott gives specific stretching techniques depending on how long a segment has been out of alignment.

In addition, he provides specific stretching and gym ball exercises, often employing wobble boards or rocker boards, especially for people who have balance issues or vertigo.

Electrical Muscle Stim

This therapy is typically used when somebody is in severe acute pain. Typically, Dr. Scott will put them on the muscle stim for 10 or 15 minutes and that will increase blood flow, decrease muscle spasms and provide for a more thorough and lasting adjustment.

Massage Therapy

There are many benefits associated with massage therapy. This type of bodywork promotes relaxation, relieves pain and more. We have two excellent massage therapists on staff who get rave reviews.

Laser Therapy

Painless and effective, laser therapy can relieve pain, improve circulation and much more. It’s appropriate for addressing different conditions.

Book an Appointment

Experience for yourself how our natural services can help you feel fantastic. Contact us today to schedule an appointment!
CONTACT US


Backcountry Chiropractic Services | (541) 385-5900